I. Quarrying Regulation Program
- Identify negative impacts brought by the quarrying activities.
- Implement measures to prevent the negative impacts brought by the quarrying activities.
- Monitor volume of extraction to prevent over extraction that will bring negative impact to the area.
- Conduct spot checking of vehicles transporting resources.
- Monitor compliance of the environmental condition stated at the ECC issued by the DENR to the permitte.
- Implement protection and rehabilitation of river bunks through planting of trees using adaptive specie.
- Identify, formulate and implement research studies related to resources development.
- Provide IEC, trainings and other skill development activities to reduce risk in the quarrying area.
- Verify adjudicated conflicts related to extraction and utilization of resources.
II. Solid waste Management Program/Environmental Enhancement Program
- Provide training, IEC on Integrated SWM technologies and updates.
- Provide assistance to LGUs in the formulation of Municipal SWM plan.
- Monitor the implementation of Anti-Plastic Ordinance.
- Provide technical assistance to LGUs, NGOs and other sectors in the implementation of SWM program.
- Enhance SWM technologies through “Lakbay Aral” program and attending trainings and workshops in updates and new technologies.
Pollution Control Program
- Participate in the conduct of environmental quality monitoring.
- Conduct investigation and recommend measures to prevent negative impacts brought by reported pollution complaints.
- Conduct coordination with DENR, LGUs and other sectors in the implementation of pollution control programs.
II. FOREST MANAGEMENT SECTOR
A. Rehabilitation & Development OF Mangroves Areas
- Conduct site of identification, evaluation and assessment of proposed mangrove areas.
- Provide trainings on mangrove utilization and development.
- Conduct planting of adaptive mangrove propagules.
- Conduct linkages with the different LGUs and sectors in the rehabilitation of corals and sea grass.
B. Rehabilitation and Development of Micro-Watershed Areas
- Conduct site identification, evaluation and assessment of micro-watershed areas.
- Maintain and develop plant nursery.
- Conduct tree planting using adaptive specie.
- Monitor the growth of the planted trees.
- Provide tree seedlings to LGUs.
- Conduct project monitoring.
C. Greening of the Environment/National Greening Program
- Conduct evaluation and validation of the proposed area.
- Coordinate with school heads/staff, local executive officials and other concerned sectors in the implementation of proposed activities.
- Conduct tree planting of adaptive species in the selected areas.
- Monitor growth of the planted seedlings.
D. Maintenance Soil Water Conservation Stations (SWCS)
- Conduct weeding/underbrushing of the area covered by the station.
- Conduct planting of forest/coconut trees.
- Repair of the perimeter fence.
- Assist in the harvesting and marketing of the coconut fruits.
- Issuance of Permit to Quarry
- Issuance of Contractor’s Clearance
- Provision of Tree Seedlings to LGUs, NGOs, and other sectors
- Conduct tree planting in denuded areas
- Extend Technical Assistance in Quarrying Regulation Program, Forest Management and Solid Waste Management
- Issuance of Release Order for Apprehended/Impounded Vehicle
- Provide trainings, IEC in Mangrove utilization & development, Microwatershed management, Land Resources Management and Solid Waste Management
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
PROCESS IN THE ISSUANCE OF SMALL SCALE MINING
AND QUARRY PERMIT
- Inquiry of the Requirements
- Submission of Preliminary Requirements
- Inspection/ Assessment of the proposed Site
- If Feasible, Submit Final Requirements
- Review/ Evaluate Requirements
- Preparation & Signing of Permits
- Computation of Fees
- Payments of PTO
- Recording of Approved Permits & Stamping of ENRO DR
- Release of permit & ENRO DR