FOR: SUPER TYPHOON “#LawinPH” (HAIMA)
TROPICAL CYCLONE: WARNING
ISSUED AT 2:00 PM, 19 October 2016
(Valid for broadcast until the next bulletin to be issued at 5 PM today)
“LAWIN” INTENSIFIED INTO A SUPER TYPHOON AND MAINTAINS ITS SERIOUS THREAT AS IT MOVES CLOSER TO CAGAYAN – ISABELA AREA.
• Estimated rainfall amount is from moderate to heavy within the 800 km diameter of the Super Typhoon.
• It is expected to make landfall over Cagayan – Isabela Area late tonight up to tomorrow early morning (Oct. 20) then will cross Apayao and Ilocos Norte.
• Possible to exit PAR tomorrow evening (Oct. 20) or on Friday early morning (Oct. 21).
• Sea travel is risky over the eastern seaboards Southern Luzon and the northern and eastern seaboards of Samar.
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING SIGNAL
Cagayan and Isabela
Apayao, Kalinga, Ilocos Norte, Abra, Ilocos Sur, Mt. Province, Ifugao and Calayan Group of Islands
La Union, Benguet, Nueva Vizcaya, Quirino and Northern Aurora
Batanes Group of Islands, Pangasinan, Rest of of Aurora, Tarlac, Nueva Ecija, Northern Zambales, and Northern Quezon including Polillo Islands
Rest of Zambales, Bulacan, Bataan, Pampanga, Rizal, Rest of Quezon, Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Catanduanes, Albay and Metro Manila
Location of eye/center At 1:00 PM today, the eye of Super Typhoon “LAWIN” was located based on all available data at 300 km East of Casiguran, Aurora (16.5°N, 124.9°E).
Strength Maximum sustained winds of up to 225 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 315 kph.
Forecast Movement Forecast to move West Northwest at 24 kph.
• 24 Hour( Tomorrow morning): 75 km West of Laoag City, Ilocos Norte (18.3 ºN, 119.9 ºE)
• 48 Hour(Friday morning):640 km West Northwest of Laoag City, Ilocos Norte (OUTSIDE PAR) (21.0 ºN, 115.3 ºE)
• 72 Hour(Saturday morning): 1,050 km Northwest of Basco, Batanes (OUTSIDE PAR) (25.9 ºN, 113.6 ºE)
• 96 Hour(Sunday morning):970 km North Northwest of Basco, Batanes (OUTSIDE PAR) (28.5 ºN, 118.4 ºE)
• 120 Hour(Monday morning):1,080 km North Northeast of Basco, Batanes (OUTSIDE PAR) (29.2 ºN, 126.6 ºE)
The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next weather bulletin to be issued at 5 PM today.