FOR: SUPER TYPHOON “#LawinPH” (HAIMA)
TROPICAL CYCLONE: WARNING
ISSUED AT 8:00 PM, 19 October 2016
(Valid for broadcast until the next bulletin to be issued at 11 PM today)
SUPER TYPHOON “LAWIN” HAS MAINTAINED ITS STRENGTH AS IT CONTINUES TO THREATEN CAGAYAN – ISABELA AREA.
• Estimated rainfall amount is from moderate to heavy within the 800 km diameter of the Super Typhoon.
• It is expected to make landfall over Cagayan – Isabela Area late tonight (11:00 PM) up to tomorrow early morning (Oct. 20), (2:00 AM) then will cross Apayao and Ilocos Norte.
• Possible to exit PAR tomorrow evening (Oct. 20).
• Sea travel is risky over the eastern seaboard of Southern Luzon and the northern and eastern seaboards of Samar.
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING SIGNAL
Cagayan, Isabela, Kalinga, Apayao, Northern Abra and Ilocos Norte
Rest of Abra, Ilocos Sur, Mt. Province, Ifugao and Calayan Group of Islands
La Union, Benguet, Nueva Vizcaya, Quirino and Northern Aurora
Batanes Group of Islands, Pangasinan, Rest of of Aurora, Tarlac, Nueva Ecija, Northern Zambales, and Northern Quezon including Polillo Islands
Rest of Zambales, Bulacan, Bataan, Pampanga, Rizal, Rest of Quezon, Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Catanduanes, Albay and Metro Manila
Location of eye/center At 7:00 PM today, the eye of Super Typhoon “LAWIN” was located based on all available data at 175 km East Northeast of Casiguran, Aurora or at 200 km East Southeast of Tuguegarao City (17.1°N, 123.5°E).
Strength Maximum sustained winds of up to 225 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 315 kph.
Forecast Movement Forecast to move West Northwest at 25 kph.
• 24 Hour( Tomorrow afternoon): 285 km West Northwest of Laoag City, Ilocos Norte (19.4°N, 118.2°E)
• 48 Hour(Friday afternoon):740 km West Northwest of Basco, Batanes (OUTSIDE PAR) (22.8°N, 115.3°E)
• 72 Hour(Saturday afternoon): 960 km Northwest of Basco, Batanes (OUTSIDE PAR) )(27.2°N, 116.1°E)
• 96 Hour(Sunday afternoon):945 km North of Basco, Batanes (OUTSIDE PAR)(28.9°N, 121.6°E)
• 120 Hour(Monday afternoon):1,265 km Northeast of Basco, Batanes (OUTSIDE PAR)(28.0°N, 131.3°E)
The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next weather bulletin to be issued at 11 PM today.