FOR:Tropical Storm #BasyangPH
Tropical Cyclone: WARNING
ISSUED AT:11:00 AM, 12 February 2018
“#BasyangPH” HAS SLIGHTLY SLOWED DOWN WHILE MOVING GENERALLY WESTWARD.
* Scattered to widespread moderate to heavy rains is expected over Eastern Visayas, Central Visayas, Caraga, Northern Mindanao, Davao Region and Zamboanga Peninsula within 24 hours. Residents of these areas must continue monitoring for updates, take precautionary measures against possible flooding and landslides, and coordinate with their respective local disaster risk reduction and management offices.
* Expected to make landfall in Caraga Region tomorrow morning (February 13).
* Sea travel remains risky over the seaboards of Northern Luzon, eastern seaboards of Central and Southern Luzon, Eastern Visayas, and areas under Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal (TCWS) due to the approaching Tropical Storm and the surge of the Northeast Monsoon.
* Possible raising of TCWS #1 over Negros Occidental, Zamboanga del Sur and the rest of Zamboanga del Norte in the next bulletin.
Location of eye/center: At 10:00 AM today, the center of Tropical Storm “#BasyangPH” was estimated based on all available data at 620 km East Southeast of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur (07.1 °N, 131.8 °E)
Strength: Maximum sustained winds of 65 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 80 kph
Forecast Movement: Forecast to move West Northwest at 22 kph
24 Hour(Tomorrow morning): 55 km East of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur(8.4°N, 126.8°E)
48 Hour(Wednesday morning):160 km West Southwest of Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental(9.0°N, 121.9°E)
72 Hour(Thursday morning): 145 km West Northwest of Puerto Princesa City, Palawan(10.1°N, 117.5°E)
96 Hour(Friday morning):50 km Northwest of Pagasa Island, Palawan (OUTSIDE PAR)(11.3°N, 113.8°E)
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING SIGNAL:
TCWS#2 (61-120kph expected in 24 hrs)
– Surigao del Sur
Wave Height: (Open Sea) 4.1-14.0 meters Storm surge possible at coastal areas
TCWS#1 (30-60kph expected in 36 hrs)
– Southern portion of Samar, southern portion of Eastern Samar, Leyte, Southern Leyte, Bohol, Cebu, Negros Oriental and Siquijor Dinagat Islands, Surigao del Norte, Agusan del Norte, Agusan del Sur, Camiguin, Compostela Valley, Davao Oriental, Davao del Norte, Misamis Oriental, Misamis Occidental, Lanao del Norte, Lanao del Sur, Bukidnon, and northern portion of Zamboanga del Norte
Wave Height: (Open Sea) 1.25-4.0 meters
The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next Severe Weather Bulletin to be issued at 2 PM today.