SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN #9
FOR: TYPHOON “#LawinPH” (HAIMA)
TROPICAL CYCLONE: WARNING
ISSUED AT 11:00 AM, 19 October 2016
(Valid for broadcast until the next bulletin to be issued at 2 PM today)
“#LawinPH” further intensified and continues to pose an impending threat Over Cagayan – Isabela Area.
• Estimated rainfall amount is from moderate to heavy within the 700 km diameter of the Typhoon.
• It is expected to intensify further before making landfall.
• It is expected to make landfall over Cagayan – Isabela Area late tonight (11:00 PM) up to tomorrow early morning
(Oct. 20), (2:00 AM) then will cross Apayao and Ilocos Norte.
• Possible to exit PAR tomorrow evening (Oct. 20) or on Friday early morning (Oct. 21).
• Sea travel is risky over the eastern seaboard of Southern Luzon and the northern and eastern seaboards of Samar.
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING SIGNAL
Southern Cagayan and Isabela
Rest of Cagayan, Abra, Apayao, Ilocos Sur, Ilocos Norte, Mt. Province, Ifugao, Quirino, Kalinga and Northern Aurora
Calayan Group of Islands, La Union, Benguet, Nueva Vizcaya, Pangasinan, Nueva Ecija, Rest of Aurora and Tarlac
Batanes Group of Islands, Zambales, Pampanga, Bulacan, Bataan, Northern Quezon Including Polillio Islands, Metro Manila, Rizal, Cavite, Laguna, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur and Catanduanes
Location of eye/center At 10:00 AM today, the eye of Typhoon “LAWIN” was located based on all available data at 385 km East of Casiguran, Aurora (16.2°N, 125.7°E)
Strength Maximum sustained winds of up to 220 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 305 kph.
Forecast Movement Forecast to move West Northwest at 26 kph.
• 24 Hour( Tomorrow morning): In the vicinity of Currimao, Ilocos Norte (18.0 N, 120.5 E)
• 48 Hour (Friday morning):515 km West Northwest of Laoag City, Ilocos Norte (OUTSIDE PAR) (20.4°N, 116.3°E)
• 72 Hour(Saturday morning): 905 km West Northwest of Basco, Batanes (OUTSIDE PAR) (24.2 °N, 114.2 °E)
• 96 Hour(Sunday morning):955 km North Northwest of Basco, Batanes (OUTSIDE PAR) (28.2°N, 118.0°E)
• 120 Hour(Monday morning):1,235 km Northeast of Basco, Batanes (OUTSIDE PAR) (29.3°N, 129.3°E)
The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next weather bulletin to be issued at 2 PM today.